The Big Reveal – Our Latest Project Photos
Five-Star Living at Home
I am so excited to share these gorgeous photos of our most recent project in Inverness, Illinois: “Five-Star Living at Home!” You can find all of the photos on our website at Five-Star Living at Home. As part of a whole-house renovation, these empty nesters and long-time clients asked us to update all of the main living areas in their suburban Chicago home.
With their children grown and in their own homes, our clients wanted their home to reflect who they are now. Because they lead a busy lifestyle with frequent travel, their home needs to be a soothing retreat where they can unwind and recharge, surrounded by bespoke furnishings and finishes. In the previous phase, we updated all of their adult children’s bedrooms and bathrooms, which you can see here: Detail Perfect in Estate Update. For this latest collaboration, we transformed the living room, above, great room, lower level and master bedroom.
Refinement Tinged with Glamour
Our clients appreciate a five-star experience, which they defined as bespoke, luxury furnishings and finishes with a glamorous presence. They also love to have something unexpected and unusual. We do, too! Refinement tinged with glamour was the starting point for this complete living room renovation, shown in the above two photos. Among the challenges in this space, we had to bear in mind the future renovation of the kitchen, located on the other side of the living room sofa wall. Our furniture choices were scaled appropriately for the existing footprint while leaving open the possibility that we may close that wall to enhance opportunities for the kitchen/eating area design. Among other key design decisions:
- Worked with the existing, creamy window treatments while moving toward the cooler, whiter palette our clients requested.
- Toned down the sharp contrast between the drywall columns flanking the fireplace and the existing stone and tile fireplace, to focus attention on the fireplace, but in a quiet way. The blended color wash we applied gives the fireplace more depth and prominence.
Luxurious Sanctuary in White and Cream
Our aim was to create a tranquil atmosphere for the master bedroom that is conducive to relaxing and enjoying a good night’s sleep. Among the key design choices, we:
- Color washed the high ceiling in a dreamy, metallic finish for a more intimate feeling
- Ensured that our fabric selections work with the creamy-toned window treatments that we chose in a previous update, while achieving the softer white palette our clients requested.
- Provided seating options. Super comfortable chairs at the foot of the bed for TV watching; a sumptuous settee for lounging.
- Selected the “wow” pieces that our clients love. The extra-tall, Christopher Guy lamps punctuate the bed like artistic exclamation points.
- Finished the space with a sugar cane wall treatment in restful off-white, adding dimension and a soft Asian influence.
Lower Level Entertainment Area
With their children grown, getting married and having children, our clients wanted the lower level to be family-friendly when the whole gang visits. Durable, stain-resistant materials were mandatory, and the level of design had to be consistent with the first floor spaces. To accommodate a variety of activities, we created several separate gathering spaces within this large area, while ensuring that the design flowed flawlessly from one section to the other. For the cozy TV area, above, we re-upholstered the seats on the spacious, dual-fabric sofa and introduced rich shades of orchid with custom pillows, artwork and an exquisite glass bowl. Those who aren’t watching the game on TV can gather in the separate fireplace sitting area, which encourages conversation or solitary browsing on the Internet. You can see that photo and more here: Five-Star Living at Home
Time to Play!
Sophisticated enough for the grownups, playful enough for the grandkids! We created this dual-purpose game space in another section of the lower level where there is plenty of room for the kids to play with their toys within view of their parents and grandparents. The game table features must-have cup holders and built-in poker chip holders. The shimmering champagne swivel chairs are so comfortable, everyone will want to linger over long sessions of card playing or Monopoly. Don’t you love that mirror? It underscores the luxurious yet contemporary vibe of this multi-generational space, while referencing the inter-connectedness of the whole family. And here’s a surprise – the letters of the custom “Play” sign are filled with trim beads artfully placed to create an ombre effect echoing the color palette of purple, plums, taupe and black.
It has been such a pleasure working with these clients during the past eight years! I can just imagine them hosting laughter-filled occasions with their family in the spaces that we created, and that’s the greatest reward.
We would love to collaborate with you on your next project. Contact Us to find out how we can work together, safely.